Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow...HA! I laugh at you!

Burntime

BLT came over to play and wire in the spout rotator and the bosch relay for the cab. Simpleton7016 came over and helped me strong arm the cab on. I can say I love it! It definitely needs wheel weights though as it is much more top heavy! I also have to carpet the inside as it is a little more noisy. Only bummer is the seat can not go all the way back with the cab on it. I have the spout rotator so that I can control it with my thumb while driving. The second switch powers up the cab and in case I take it off I will have control for a rear worklite as well. Now I just need to order 3 led worklites. Two for the front and one for the rear. All I can say is, snow...HA! I laugh at you!:D:D:D I am just inches away from ordering the new cupholder and another item off the list!:D

What?? The seat wont go all the way back??? Thats not good enough for you, you'll have to ship it to New Hampshire! Thats cool, if I keep looking I'll want one. :)

You could write parking tickets with that thing.Wow i would be sitting in that thing waiting for first snow.Yup your gonna need a beverage holder.

I am pumped to be ready early in the season for once. Now I have time to set up chains, put the wheel weights in, and mount the blower. It should be turn key by the time it snows! Parking tickets, that is pretty funny!dOd

quote:
Originally posted by Burntime
I am pumped to be ready early in the season for once. Now I have time to set up chains, put the wheel weights in, and mount the blower.
Let me guess, Cozy Cab + 400 lb? mostly on rear tires, operator + 200 lb (I'm being kind:D) all on rear tires, snowblower + 125 lb on front tires, fuild in tires? and wheel weights? I think you should have an spare axle shaft just in case.;)

Bob, this thing needs wheel weights to stabilize it. I darn near tipped it in the front yard and not going fast! Yep, gonna have to go easy but I bet I never get stuck!:D I think the cab has to be about 250. Me, a slender 270, 2 weigh weights at 50 each. If its still tippy I will fill the tires too. Not so much for weight but for stability. So about 350lbs plus me. I have hauled over a ton of wood so I am not concerned. I am cognitive of direction changes so I should do fine. It is a lot of weight when you think about it. At least the front end doesn't come up anymore!:D

Cozy Cab looks nice Mike. If you put a cupholder in there, you might skew the COG off to one side:O:O. Seriously though, you might consider wider tires to make a wider track, your blower width will dictate that. I would load and weight the tires regardless of the tippy issue.

I have basically 3" to play on each side. If I get time to widen the ags (26 12 12) that should do it. In the meantime I will either put the simplicity 27 pounders or the big ones (50-75lbs) in.

Mike, Since you challenged the snow, not only is it going to snow, but it will be measured in yards not feet. Looks like a great set up. Rick......

Well, I just ordered 3 of these. They are 1 amp each so all three are less then one 55 watt halogen. I used to run a 55watt halogen on the back and one on the front for snow. This should keep the draw down...basically more lite and dropping from 9 amp draw to 3! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230675006371&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

should be a comfy year blowing snow this year...... nice setup let us know how you like those lights. Last set of led I tried at nothern tool I was not happy with output. Those look better.

Northern gets all sorts of bad reviews. They are a much cheaper lite. Its just a bunch of little ones and they burn out quick. These are something crazy like 20,000 hours. If I snowthrow 40 hours a year they will only last 500 years!sm00

Mike, I can't wait to hear from you when you get the first snow. You will get all dressed up for it, get your hot coffee in the new cup holder, and be sitting there with the doors closed, in your Cozy Cab, with a grin on your face. You will then reach for the ignition, turn the key, and the engine will not start.:( How much will you have to remove to work on an engine with that rig? If that happens, I will not have to wait for a post, I will probably hear you yelling all the way down here.:D If the engine starts up just like it should, then your wife will have to call Bob and Erik to come over and help her get you out of the tractor so that you will come back in the house.

Yes Rod, with 8 hours on the motor I am hoping that nothing goes. I painted up the 50lb wheel weights a little while ago. Just mount the blower and some playing now. Heck, if it goes south I have the landlord dlx with a 42 as backup!:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• ShaunE
    • SmilinSam
    • a_sannine
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts