Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3310h Front P.T.O,

Hydro-Manic

Hello,everyone newbie here. Well think i have read everything twice dating back to 2003 lol.I recently picked up a snow blower with hitch #990563 36".I didnt get the pulley for front with it,so my question.Is it a electric pto or just a pulley and what size would i want?It's a 10hp Briggs.I have 3310v and 3310h would the v or h be best for blower? I have the bug bad i love simplicity hydro.told wife if i should die before her that she could re-marry but she has to sell simplicity's.I don't want new husband to have them.

Below is the parts and operator manual for the blower you picked up. The hitch is for a 3112, 3212, B series, ect. Your 3310H uses a hitch that is a little different. The pulleys are different as well. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8arG5rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq The manual below shows the correct hitch and front PTO to run the blower on page 18 figure 21. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCyEN8cqL2rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq You can install an electric front clutch but the hitch is different than the one that came with the blower number you provided. Can you post a picture of your hitch? Bill Engle has a topic in the archives that list the electric clutch that he used on his installation. The manual front PTO show up on ebay now and then.

Yep, thats a front engaugement hitch, you need a standard 2 pulley. Thone one pictured will not make it from the front axle to the hitch pins where the deck mounts...

That blower hitch is for an earlier model (foot dragger). will fit any of the large frame tractors with the crank shaft sticking through the grill

Thank you for all the info: RayS. Here's my hitch hook up on picture. Guess i need to post a ad for the pto pully. If you can think of anyone who might have one or if anyone has a extra.please speak up.This sight is worth every penny. Have one more ? when i engage my pto for the mower deck i notice idler pully rubs chassie.(Sparks flying) not that bad but not good. just purchased a new 3/8" double bevel belt from deck to pto.its like its to short,but got it at local simplicity dealer. (wasn't cheap).nos oem.agggh. even when pto is not engaed blades turn but not with full force of engagement.well thanks all.

OH NO! wish i would have joined 1 week earlier...i dont have the right one.aggghhh! Oh boy! hot flash.. okay so back to the drawing board. what model blower do i need. if you know someone looking for this model guess i'd swap.

The blower is fine. Your tractor uses a 7" pulley on blower and yours more than likely has a 5". You more than likely could get buy with the 5". It would definitely throw snow further. I thank Bill Engle stated that a 7" won`t fit. He mentioned 6-3/4" pulley.

I did read that post about a 7" - or 6-3/4" Burn time said this hitch was for older tractor does that mean i need different hitch and pulley under blower to work on 3310. Think ill drop the deck and set it on see whats going on.

You need a different hitch than what you have as stated above. You need the one in the picture above.

Here is a parts diagram of the front PTO. It is NLA new. I may have one. If I have only one I am keeping to run my EZ Rake. I will look and see what I have for a hitch as well.

I know that there were at least a couple of those front PTOs in the load Dan got from me, probably some of the linkages too. Using an electric PTO is also an option, some think it's a safer method than a mechanical unit.

I have too make this snowthrower work or my wife is gonna *=*^ me. she already said no more junk.I have three laying around. She wants me to put up 6' fence to hide'em. told her i was gonna sell craftsman with plow. I really wanna keep my word..... Maybe i should sell all and get sovereign hydro.i have ten acres cutting 3 now.

As Kirk said, I probably have one, but it didn't come to me as an assembled unit, and I haven't had time to go through all the parts to see if i can put one together. I will try this weekend, but no guarantees I can make the time. I'm in the process of another major project that is taking more time than I have. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys haven't tried to attach blower yet.I will soon. Have another question and maybe it doesn't belong here but,on my way home i seen free take for scrap sign.SO. I picked up a sears 917 250660 snow blower.I have a friend that has a sears ss15 suburban. just wondering if it will fit,or What model tractor it will fit so i can list it.If you have any Tips I would appreciate it.

So far i've found most of the major parts. In Rays pic above for the clutch I can't find #'s 1, 3, 8, 9, 10, 17, 31, and 32 I'll keep looking when I can

Your question about the Sears tractors would be better answered over on http://www.mytractorforum.com They have brand specific message boards in there. Them old Suburbans were and still are some well built machines.

Hey anyone know how to change hyrdo fluid for my tractor.I was using my lawn sweeper this morning and stop for a sec now tractor will not move forward or reverse all belts look good. when you push forward it tries to move axle but just cant.same in reverse.I used the lock out to move it out of driveway.rolls fine when lever is unlocked. Hope this isn't serious.

okay rocked tractor back and forth something let loose and it could move. started tractor pushed forward on hydro lever she jumped right up and started going. About six feet and something locked it up agian. when it was free i could hear a wine (soft)like needle bearing rolling.

quote:
Originally posted by Hydro-Manic
I have too make this snowthrower work or my wife is gonna *=*^ me. she already said no more junk.I have three laying around. She wants me to put up 6' fence to hide'em.
LOL! My wife had me put up a 6' fence to "hide" my stuff!! There must be something about a plumbers wife.....:D And welcome to the club!

Hi Mike,LOL. yeah the six foot fence rule. I don't know if it's my wife or my mother in-law.they both think i'm a hoarder. Nice BIG TEN in picture. Don't think the blower is as important as the drive train at this point.maybe i should start another post.sm00 Thought we would cross paths in here at some point.Well nice to meet you.