Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
otis3210V

Gear lube fill?

otis3210V
Okay i know this sounds bad, i am very mechanically inclined but i have just acquired my fathers Simplicity 3210V it runs beautiful but for future reference i would like to know about filling the fluids & weights. I know how to change the oil but would like to know what weight oil is recommended. There is a fill tube with screw in plug under the seat is this the gear lube and it has power lift so how about the hydraulic fluid? And also if anyone might have an owners/repair manual please let me know, Thanks guys..

RayS
Below is a link to the operators - parts manual. It should say in it. The gear oil is 80 -90W and the hydraulic lift is 10w-30. Hope this helps and welcome to the club. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCyEN8cuM6rE3CG.5kbp796Dq Here is the manual for the hydraulic lift. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8aqO5rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq

otis3210V
Thanks for the welcome and thank you for the links, very helpful. By chance would anyone know what a fair price would be for a 42" mower deck for a 3210v? Have the opportunity to buy one, and what are the dues for becoming a club member and how do i go about signing up?

rokon2813
quote:
Originally posted by otis3210V
Thanks for the welcome and thank you for the links, very helpful. By chance would anyone know what a fair price would be for a 42" mower deck for a 3210v? Have the opportunity to buy one, and what are the dues for becoming a club member and how do i go about signing up?
In good shape 100 to 250 depending on location and condition. As for dues, top of any page, club home (far left on menu bar), pay club dues. Best 10 bucks you'll ever spend :D:D