Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

muck

B10 9hp carb

muck
I messed up the carb bowl per the help of a small shop. I was trying to get the old brass seat out. I was told to heat the carb up some with a hand propane torch and let it cool over night.. Well the bowl melted a touch in the center. I could file it and make it fit the top portion but concerned since this is not my machine. I want to make it right.. Can any one tell me if i am stuck looking for a Large Flo-Jet Q model or can i use this one. It is close but looks newer.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180726588339 Or any other options.. Jacks lists the lower part for $60 and i may have to bight the bullet and buy it...

RayS
Is your top held on with three screws? I believe it has four screws. I may have a spare four screw bottom but I don`t have any three screw. If the bottom is only $60.00 new that isn`t bad. That one in the link would work if you need a four screw. I have run a brand new carb for a 243431 (10hp) on my 16hp 326431 and they run fine.

rokon2813
I may have a 3 screw bowl. Wouldn't know the part number though. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the differences in part numbers would be how the air cleaner tower (air horn?) attaches I think. Send me a pm and I'll see if I can help