Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Kirby

Raising or using 2 implements

Kirby
I am putting together my B-210 and had a tiller on rear and plow blade on front. Raising the tiller lowers the front blade and lowering the tiller raises the front blade. Is there any way such as for transporting, that you can raise two implements on a B-210 independently ( have them both up ) ? Am I doing something wrong or is this not possible ? Any help is allways appreciated. Thanks, Al

schaefer72
hi guys i recently was able to aquire a r. hand lift lever for my b-10 with all the parts after much looking ( they are not easy to find )- anyway i thought of sending in some pictures of the parts and making measurements and tracing out the patern so others could fabricate one they seem pretty simple - and some of the parts from a l. lever can be used -

Kent
It requires an optional right lift lever, as shown at the link below... I'd like to see someone clever develop the capability to fabricate the lift quadrant for one, so we could adapt left lift levers to this purpose.... John Scheele or anyone want to tackle this one?[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/right_lift_lever.htm'][img src='http://www.simpletractors.com/images/big_ten/right_lift_small.jpg'][/a]

MPH
I saw a recent reply to a post,thinkin it was John, said they would tackle it if someone came up with one to copy, The reason the lift works that way Al is it serves as a counter balance for attachments like the the tiller. MPH

Datac
The only REAL tricky part about building the right hand levers is that there are a few different models. One would really be best off if he could find all of the variables, compare them side by side, then determine if a new product could be made to fit more than one series tractor. I see no reason why they could not be combined with a little engineering. The Tube Handle and coresponding welded 1/4" steel plate is easy, as are the small latching components. If I can find some time, I have a CNC plasma cutter at my avail and I have already drawn my Left hand lever in Cad............ The more difficult part is the Quadrant. The OEM was often pressed into a compound bunch of curvatures, making room for the existing lift arm on the right hand side. It would not have to bedone the same though . It could be a quadrant simply bracketed to the tractor with standoffs. But, they should mount in the OEM holes. I do have some OEM literature with good illustrations. As an added note: I have compared the LEFT handles from my old 725 with ones from a 3210, 3310, and 3415. NONE are exactly the same. If we find a source for "new" handles, I hope they start making the 3400-7000 series stuff first !! Chris L