Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Big Ten seat

MikethePlumber

I will be ordering a new seat for my Big Ten from club member Mary G. She needs the # of bolt holes and dimensions for the bolt holes for the rear part of the seat. As you can see in my attached pics that the seat brackets look like they are leaning outward as they go up.

I would guess that these rear brackets are supposed to be straight. What do the seat back brackets look like on your Allis and what are your dimensions for the bolt holes??? I guess my plan would be to order my seat back with the 4 holes in the proper location, and adjust my brackets back to where they are supposed to be to fit the seat.

Looks like someone may have done that to widen the room between the armrests..? Wouldn't the spacing on the seat back be the same as the seat bottom for the brackets 2B vertical? Here is a Pic of the seat cusions Mary made for my B210

My brackets look a bit diagonal too, so I checked & they are vertical. Its an illusion on my pic caused by the bracket (has a 30ish degree bend from seat to back cusions) I thought Mary would have spec's for standard B10, Big 10 cusions & bolt pattern as she did for my B210. (I didn't give her any specs) Maybe she thinks you have a different seat design??? Good Luck... Greg P.

Mike, It looks to me that when it was recovered in the past that the holes were not lined up. It could also be as Greg says and they needed extra room. I do have the bolt pattern for this seat and when bolted together the brackets should line up. Greg, the tractor looks good! Mary

Mary, Thats great that you have the bolt pattern for it. Hopefully I'll be able to line it all up when I get the seat. Willy, Greg, and Larry Thanks for posting. It sounds like it should all straighten up one I remove the current seat that a previous owner recovered. I'll be sure to post some pics after my new seat is installed -Mike