Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

suprise from Briggs & Stratton

brokenfeather

I had emailed Simplicity asking them if they had any information about and old brush saw I had with my Wards/Midland walk behind. Well I got a large envelope today in the mail from Briggs and Stratton with a new copy of the owner's manual for it and a list of parts that are still available for it. I was pleasantly surprised.sm01

Welcome Don... The same sort of situation happened to one of our members here a few years ago. Instead, he wrote Briggs asking about decals for his tractor. They shipped him decals and a manual for free. I sure would like to know where they keep their archives, I think that would be an intersting tour. I know from experience when you call for parts, there are some high seniority individuals that will go the extra mile for customers. I knew some former employees there and I did some name dropping and the lady said that she would go out to the dock and pick my parts personally.

We go to WI often and I'm considering stopping by the Simplicity plant just to say I've been there if for no other reason. Really would be a stretch if they happen to have some old decals for my Wards/Simplicity walk behind. If you don't ask you don't know. :D