Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Ken

B-10 hood bolts

Ken
I'm at work so I can't check, does anyone know what size the four bolts are that hold the hood fastened on a B-10? 5/16 or 3/8? Also, if anyone can check to see if the round bar is 3/16 or 1/4 inch round and how long is each piece of round bar? Thanks for any help! Ken

bgosh
After reading this I have a question about how the front part is supposed to work.I made up a half dozen of the 5/16 bolts from what I could see from all of the pictures I looked at ,but I can not figure how that front part is supposed to work? Stan

BLT
quote:
Originally posted by bgosh
After reading this I have a question about how the front part is supposed to work.I made up a half dozen of the 5/16 bolts from what I could see from all of the pictures I looked at ,but I can not figure how that front part is supposed to work? Stan
Rembrandt to the rescue.:D There are no instructions that amount to a hill of beans, so I drew up a sketch of what goes where. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/BLT/HoodBolts.jpg The front part of hood gets the bolt, spring, bar and nut. The rear is slotted to receive the hood first and then lowered to the forward slots where it is fitted that the bar is in between the slot and spring. You then tighten the four corners to suit.

Ken
I made a set for my LandLord. They are not perfect dimension wise but most people at a show won't know the difference. Mine had bolts holding the hood on, they looked real cheesy. I'll have to post some pics tomm. I just picked up this 1965 Landlord 101 from my brother to match my 65 B-10. The 101 is now in the hands of my 9 yr. old boy. He is only allowed to ride it with my supervision but he has been riding for about 3 yrs. now.

gwiseman
quote:
Rembrandt to the rescue.:D There are no instructions that amount to a hill of beans, so I drew up a sketch of what goes where. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/BLT/HoodBolts.jpg The front part of hood gets the bolt, spring, bar and nut. The rear is slotted to receive the hood first and then lowered to the forward slots where it is fitted that the bar is in between the slot and spring. You then tighten the four corners to suit.
Bob - Your talents are amazing. Pretty darn good sketch and explanation attached.