Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Buickgsman

Vinyl Eyebrows for Grill on 64 Landlord-Available?

Buickgsman
Does anyone know where I can get the White or black soft vinyl eyebrow trim for the upper grill of the 64 Landlord? Mine are in rough shape and I am in need of something very presentable. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The trim is missing in the pic below. Thanks Bob

rokon2813
quote:
Originally posted by snohiker
i already did the mcmaster thing with no luck mine are very usable but i was also looking for alternatives i was thinking some kind of panel edging
Alternatives? You used to be able to get chrome looking plastic strips for the rear edges of car doors, might look nice

larry8200
I just redid the grill on my 2010, and the upper grill was trimmed with a dark grey channel painted white, which I repainted. I noticed that it was almost identical to the trim holding the covers on newer seats, which I have been using for a while on 3300-3400 headlight buckets with great results. And there is sure no shortage of junk seats!

Buickgsman
Unfortunately, the local dealers cant get the part form Simplicity(that would be wayyy to easy) so I will have to look into the roll that Hotrodtractor is talking about. WE dont have a Maynards around here anywhere. Maybe Lowes or the Depot...

powerking_one
So, Bob why can't your Simplicity dealer order that PN? I bought mine about a month or so ago. Unless the part went obsolete the day after my order was fulfilled or something?? Also Jacks parts database accuracy is not "real time" and always in sync with the manufacturer's. They told me that listed/available good PN's and their DB get updated when the next person tries to order it and then that part can go to not found, no longer available, new PN, new price, etc status. Tom(PK)