Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ngale65

hb 212 throttle cable

locknut
I've been fiddling with an assortment of springs hooked on the cable wire that pokes thru the vertical rod and hooked up high on the standoff bracket(to counter the pullback).Works somewhat but not a good solution.Wish I could get one of those little v-shaped steel thingies on that rod,the kind you squeeze to move,then let go and it grips the rod.

MDB
I will look tomorrow but you might want to consider this instead. Before I put the fuel tank back in I made a modification, I did away with the old push/pull thottle cable that came on this tractor,

and installed a throttle that came off of an AC 712
[img]/club2/attach/MDB/3212-5.JPG[/img]

You can find these on ebay almost anytime and if you get one from a tractor that had a Briggs engine in it the cable will be a direct fit.

JimDk
To add to Mike's post, the two part cable is available by the inch. Cut to the correct length, bend a "Z" hook on each end and you are off and running. That's one advantage of the new type throttle. The cable is separate and replaceable.

Chris727
I have had oregon ones and they were pretty light duty, I bought a Stens, looks heavier but never did use it yet. There's probably only one or two companies that manufacture these, and more than likely the OEM is made by the same company as the aftermarket.