Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Look what followed me home!

Zach

quote:
Originally posted by gomez1
Larry, from the looks of the hood decals its a 9020. Drool alot.
Yup, in his profile under latest news it says "the day has come i got me a 9020" I thought the 4041 had that hood decals too. BUT I would take a nice one of any number/color! Got to go wipe the drool off my keyboard. :D

Ok now for the story. I work at a shop that does welding and heavy equipment repair. its in a long building that has about 10 bays that are rented out by various businesses. I started working towards the end of my senior year in high school, about 6 months ago. the first week i was there i was driving around the yard in a bobcat loader and i spotted in the next bay over some orange metal. I was having so much fun exploring in the skid steer that i didnt even realize what i had seen, it just didn't register in my brain. anyway 5 months passed and it never once occurred to me to go look closer. about 2 days ago i was out side in front of the shop welding on an excavator bucket i heard an engine start up in the next bay over. i thought nothing of it and kept welding. i lifted up my welding hood up to put a new welding rod in the stinger when i saw john of J&M truck repair driving it around the parking lot. all of a sudden it hit me that that was what i had seen tucked away in the back of the shop next door 5 months ago during my bobcat joyride!! he shut it off and i ran over and asked him what the story was on the tractor. he said he doesn't have time for it and its up on craigslist. :O i asked what he was looking to get for it and he said 1850 but for you i'll let it go for 1500. i couldn't say the words "I'll take it" fast enough :D

thanks guys, im excited to get it working and use it. Bucket is shot, need to make a new one I'm not really impressed with the original one and how its put together, any ideas on how to improve on it?

also the breaks don't work worth crap. are they hard to fix?

Zach, you said you were welding on heavy equipment. Take note of how the buckets are made and downsize to fit, those were made to dig and "get a load" in. Bet you'll find most have a rounded bottom in the back. Very sweet find for sure

quote:
Look what followed me home!
She's mine and had got lostB)XX(. I have a $1850 reward for it's safe return home. Just email me and I will come and get her and bring your reward!:D8D Nice find, I would love the loader for one of my Powermaxs'. Dan