Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

got me a new attachment

snohiker

well been looking for a sickle bar for my 64 restore and not haven ant luck but i did run across this there in good shape one need some tlc but they all still turn and the tires are good ,it will look nice all cleaned up. these pics are from the seller ill get some more tomorrow when it light out

Nice find! I have a pull behind reel mower set-up. I think mine say "General Mower Corp" on the hubcaps. I can't find out any information on mine. The tires on mine are shot. jh

A friend of mine has a 5-gang like that and he said the company calls for a "minimum of 20 hp" to pull it. I thought that seemed odd, so does anyone know what the real force needed for such unit is? its about 9 ft wide.

well this one has a 5 foot cut and is made by simplicity as far as i can tell two of the mowers still have the tags. i found a list for it under the 64 landlord attachments so in thinking it will be ok

5ft wide mowing cut would be awsome though... as Bob said storing is an issue...grease/coat blades to protect edges from rust/pitting...keep dry Very cool find!