Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Early Landlord Stinger weights???

Buickgsman

Whats the deal with the stinger weights for the early landlord? 64-71 ish. I have one with the extra cast piece on it and I am thinking about maybe selling it to help fund the tractor restoration. Whats a fair price if I were to sell it with that extra weight? Any recent sales of the same parts to compare with? Thanks Bob

I sold a stinger weight and a donut to go with it for $50 earlier this spring. I am sure I could have got more but I wasn't out to rip anyone off.

I bought my stinger with a donut weight for 50 bucks. But I saw one sell with stinger on it for $150 during snow season. Timing is everything.
quote:
Originally posted by Buickgsman
Whats the deal with the stinger weights for the early landlord? 64-71 ish. I have one with the extra cast piece on it and I am thinking about maybe selling it to help fund the tractor restoration. Whats a fair price if I were to sell it with that extra weight? Any recent sales of the same parts to compare with? Thanks Bob

Search ebay's completed auctions. Several have sold lately, and for top buck, I'd recommend selling them seperately. Im shocked at what they bring...but they are handy!

How about a pic of these stinger weights. I dont think Ive ever seen one, or knew what I was looking at if I did see some. Thanks