Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finally scored a weedcutter!

msiebern

After years of searching and a few slip out of my grasp, I finally am the proud owner of a weedcutter! Found this one down near Mendon, Ohio, just under a 2 hour drive through the scenic Ohio countryside. This fella has quite a collection and it was a pleasure to spend time seeing it all and sharing some good stories!

I have the hitch, it was not installed for the ride home. The blades still have paint on them. Need a drive belt and a little TLC to the hitch and it should be set to go.

Very nice, if you don't mind me asking, how much do these go for? There is one available near me and the owner wants 250 firm for it.

• 2 weeks later...
quote:
Originally posted by Ken
Very nice, if you don't mind me asking, how much do these go for? There is one available near me and the owner wants 250 firm for it.
Around my area if I could find let alone for $250 it would be in the back of the truck before he could change his mind. Just can't find any. None on ebay nor using searchtempest.:(!

quote:
Originally posted by Ken
As the others have stated the prices range all over the place. If you want one, you have to determine what it is worth to you. Most prices I have seen run from $250 to $450. There are some higher and some lower. Some have even had them given to them! All I know is that after missing out on close to half a dozen over several years of looking, I decided I had to increase what I was willing to pay if I wanted one.