Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How many more grass cuttings?

OrangeMetalGuy

The tractors are getting antsy... the 716H wants to get his ags, weights, and plow on... "Get on with it" he says about winter. The 712H whines "I'm just a trophy tractor... all you do is show me off"... What can you do...

I will be mulching until the leaves are gone. Working on getting the new cab I bought last winter off of Craigslist mounted this week. Have to do some major fab work, but I will be ready before snow falls and atleast one more power steering unit installed.

snow chains and plow were installed today. wheel weights were still on from last year. im working on getting the vac set up for the leaves going to fabricate a bracket to install a gas motor to the vac attachment. i built the sides on the trailer

Leaves have not even started falling down here. Gonna be a while before the mower is stowed away. Gonna have to install the vacuum soon.

This is the best time of year for mowing8D Most of my customers are on 5-8 day rotation and one couldnt believe it needed to be cut so soon but the growth dictates, ^

I never set much of anything up until late november unless weather indicates otherwise, will most likely mow a few more times before then. Loader tractor is always ready for light snow removal if needed. 2110 is set up with the cordwood saw for now, this one is the utility tractor and will most likely see some sickle guty before it gets the blower and cab for the heavy snow work. My current mower, a 3112v will get a 5 way plow for the winter when it's ready for winter duty.

I thought about starting the B-112 up this morning when I pushed the new 7016 remnits into the shed next to it. Should do that while it's still above freezing.

Leaves haven't fallen yet here in Maine, some have turned, lawn is growing faster than it did in May... picked up a Case 54" plow, making a hitch to fit to the 3314H. Also making some wheel weight mounts so I can use the 1" hole 25 lbs bar bell weights on them for better traction. Need a belt for the 5008 blower, need to change the oil all around....still looking for a job. Ive never been so busy.

Leaves are still on the trees here. I got a little tilling to do next weekend then I'll drop the tiller of the AC 914 and swap the Vac deck & cart off the DA 917 to it so I can get the cab & blower on the DA whilst its still warm out for a changedOd I think next year may be the year I take Mikes advice and just leave the blower and cab on and just throw a tarp over it next spring in the back corner of the shed.

'Til it quits growing.:D Last year that was the first week in December. We didn't have a real 'killer ' frosts up to then. That's OK one tractor each for lawn mower, snowblower and rototiller. I am sort of lazy not wanting to change implements.^