Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Chris727

Oh no, "new to me" late model Landlord.

Chris727
Saw this on Craigslist. Its a 1998 Landord, 18hp vangaurd, hydro (hand control) and 50" deck. Has 259 hrs on the clock (if its correct), body is good but needs to be detailed. Runs good and had a new battery this year. All tires are good. Also has electric lift and the trans is serviceable w/spin on filter. I bought it cheap (lets just say somewhere around the price of a used MTD)

Beginning to find out why it was cheap. The vangaurd was caked with chaff and everything beneath the engine is covered in oil. I believe the crankseal is bad. Rocker covers leak too. These aren't nearly as easy to work on as the old cast iron engines. I was just going to clean out the chaff but had to go as far as removing the carb to get the tinwork off. To fix everything at a dealer, probably would have been $500 or more. Also needs the hydrostatic neutral adjusted and the deck covers are gone. Will likely have the deck sandblasted next year and put some new OEM paint on it.

I plan to use this to cut our sloped areas because of the pressure lube engine. With the right kits, I can put the Simplicity style rear lift on this tractor.

Burntime
That or the whole hood. I like the air holes. Its really the same thing but I like it. Thanks for the compliment. Yes, this has been a heck of a year for me updating the fleet. Next may just be a kubota b7800...

Sign in to follow this