Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

steering

yukon

ray if you could post some pics of powersteering install, i bought a 7119 with a blown motor got a 20 hp kohler to put in it and a powersteering unit out of a sunstar, motor no problem ,steering a problem, im hoping its just a bolt in job heres a pic of the tractor this one will be a keeper.

The link below is the installation manual. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=jgEBGP_dqH5tG7EPl7mRgtLvBCd6 If it is coming from a Sunstar you are going to need some parts. I have them listed below in the diagram. You will need to make some hoses as well.

You will need the parts I have underlined in red. They are all still available new through a Simplicity dealer. You can get the dash decal either through Simplicity or http://www.clickitandstickit.com/brands/Simplicity.html . Corey, made mine and should have a copy of it. If it isn`t on his site send him a email of this picture of mine that he made and he will make another.

I made some of my parts because the cost of new was more than I was willing to pay.

In this picture I used a steering are bracket from a non power steering 7100 series tractor. I moved the center of the hole over 3/4" and drilled a 1/8" so that I would know where to drill the 5/8" hole after I plugged and welded the factory hole in the original. I plan to use the shoulder bolt and the set collar for a spacer. The set collar is the same as used on the rear lift. I planned on installing this unit this week or after I fab up new cab supports for my cab, but can do this first. I didn`t take many pictures. I do have some but I will get more.

The link below as a alternative for the dust seal and you may want to order one. The dust seal is NLA. You will more than likely ruin the old one removing the steering wheel. Be careful with that steering wheel when pulling it off it is easily destroyed. If you have any question feel free to ask. It is a pretty straight forward installation. I would plan on 4 - 6 hours. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=118634

I notched my running board as seen in the picture above. I copied the idea from Roy. He states the cylinder will rub the running board.

Mine hits the running board and it is factory. I think Phandad had the same issue with his install. Just a quirky thing the engineers missed apparently...