Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

new snow tires 25x11x12 ATV/Lug

hotrodtractor

http://www.tiresunlimited.com/ALL%20TIRES/Carlisle/Carlisle%20ATV/Carlisle_ACT_radial.htm Was strolling through farm and fleet yesterday and stumbled across these clearance tires for $90 each. Not free but almost 1/2 price of some sellers and no shipping. Size 25x11x12 Carlisle ACT Heavy duty 6 ply. Should work nice on the 10.5 wide wheels I got and use em for snow plow duty no chains so when I spin it does not eat my block top driveway. I was told to go with ATV from many members and the HD version of these have very deep lugs. I know 6 ply is a bit stiff but ATV tires are much softer than AG, I can run them nice and low on PSI the side wall says 7psi:O Some details: The Carlisle ACT HD ATV Tire is a all conditions tire with radial construction for a super smooth ride and excellent traction.The Carlisle ACT HD ATV Tire features an aggressive 3/4-inch lug with open tread pattern to promote self-cleaning. The Carlisle ACT HD ATV Tire is different from the Carlisle ACT ATV Tire due to the Carlisle ACT HD ATV tires stiffer sidewalls and increased pressure capabilities for UTVs. Manufacturers Item #: 560482 Ply Rating: 6 Mounted Diameter: 25.4 inches Mounted Width:10.0 inches Rim Width: 9.00 inches Max Load Capacity @ 50 MPH: 455 lbs Max Psi: 7 Tire Weight: 27.7 lbs

I use a tire very much like the ones you are looking at. I am using a tire called wings in 24x8x12 6ply and they are doing a very nice job on my deutz-allis 1920.
[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

I use a tire very much like the ones you are looking at. I am using a tire called wings in 24x8x12 6ply and they are doing a very nice job on my deutz-allis 1920.

Just have to watch for diameter growth when inflating. I had a set of atv tires on a broadmoor once and they could vary almost 5 inches based on pressure. I think it has to do with belting.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok go the tires mounted up on some 10.5 wide rims. Have not bolted to tractor yet. The MTD on these is only 10 wide so they should be great for a "plow day" and digging in snow/ice. Many guys say the narrow tires are better for bite but worse for float. One thing I really DO NOT like is that they being atv are very rounded even being mounted on a wider than suggested wheel. I guess this will be good for more bite with more pounds per inch, but sure sucks for stability. I got them tubed and will try to run them with only a couple psi as they are 6ply stiffies ;) I still think for stability I may just buy some trac master 24x12 and use it on the snow blower machine and keep these for snow plowing/ bottom plowing. I put these up next to my tru powers and they are same lug spacing but the lug depth is about twice as deep. Now just hope they don't hit the fenders :p

Rich, For years I have been using lug tires on my tractors. Sometimes I have turf tires on my mower tractors, and other times I will have lug tires on it. I haven't seen as much damage from lugs as you will get from a turf tire when it spins. The only time a lug tire will be noticed on the lawn is when it is very wet and the soil is soft enough for the lugs to make a heavy imprint. That goes away very quickly. Much quicker than the yellow spot from spinning a turf tire. If I only had one set of tires for all purposes, they would definitely be lug tires, not turfs. The ATV tires are flotation tires with soft sidewalls they flatten out more that the heavier tractor tires will. The drawback is that they are only two ply and will puncture more easily than the 4 or 6 ply tractor tires. If you mow in an area where there are lots of large thorns, the ATV tires may not work as well as the tractor tires. I have several different types and sizes of rear tires in my collection, so I use different tires for different purposes. I am still working toward the idea of a separate tractor for each implement.

Kevin, these are the ATV tires I have on my 919H. They work very well and have lots of seat pan clearance. Dunlop 25x10x12. I run them at about 10 PSI. Dave. (yes I know they are on backwards; just too lazy to switch rims side to side)

tires on and they barley fit. Can get my thumb between fender and tire lug. They do hook well as I used the to till the garden and they loved the mud. They do seen to ride on the center ribs most as I tested after rain and saw the prints left on my garage floor. They are super hard I actually let almost all the air out. pressure is very low maybe 1 or 2 pound in the tubes. Would I buy them again not sure will keep you updated as I try new things with them.