Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
sarge1

Need left rear hub for Allis Chalmers 710

HubbardRA
The left hubs on the 710s were not removable. The hub should have been made of steel and welded on to the end of the axle shaft on a 710. The one on the 716 is the same and is also welded on. If you somehow broke the left hub, then you will need to get the axle with the hub attached to it and replace that. If your 710 has a removable left hub, then axle shaft and hub have most likely been replaced by one from an older tractor.

SmilinSam
Heres a pertinent question seeing as how I was just out in the shop stripping 2 shuttles and one sundstrand hydro for parts. Looks to me like the shuttle and hydro axleshaft/hubs are the same. Are they all the same part whether from a shuttle, hydro or gear drive?

HubbardRA
Sam, I think they are. I put the axle and diff from a 716H into a 61 Wards. Of course that one had a 3-speed. Everything fit exactly like it was made for that one. Then later on I put the axle and diff from a 710 3-speed back into the hydro tranny of the 716H. I haven't seen any differences in the axle lengths. My shuttle appears to have the same setup as the others, although I have not measured it. Rear track width is the same.