Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

gjh

Wing for plow

gjh
I have a long driveway that after a month or two of snow starts to pinch in in on me. I can take the blower and throw the snow over my neighbor's hedgerow, but I only have one machine and don't want to change out to the blower. I drive up on the edge of the bank with the plow up high and push back the top of the bank. Trouble is sometimes I'm driving on a foot of snow and get stuck. Has anyone come up with a wing plow, like a 1' high 2 or 3' long piece that you could attach to the top of the plow and let it hang over so it will cut the top of the bank and allow you to keep the machine on plowed drive way? Don't know if I am being clear on this? Thanks

MPH
Thanks for finding the link Dan. Seemed like a great idea at the time but never worked out that well. Think the wing would have to stick out a foot or more to do the job, then I think there;d be a problem of sucking the fron end into the snow berm.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Who's Online (See full list)

• red93
    • Koabd1978
    • simplewrench
    • Sovereignm88
    • Rfp55
    • BLT
    • Ronald Hribar
    • Bill725
    • dav-1
    • GregB
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• dav-1

dav-1  »  Talntedmrgreen

Over a year ago, you answered a question I had about the tool bar for my FDT. In your reply dated Dec 31, 2019  you said the spacer, part #16, goes in the bar to allow for up and down depth adjustment. does this mean the bolt has to be tightened at whatever depth desired or does the bolt slide up and down, allowing the lower hitch to free float?
         If it is tightened so the lower hitch and the bar are rigid, then is the depth to be controlled by the shoes? Or by the lift handle?
        Is there any kind of user directions for the tool bar? The Outdoor Power Manual basically shows how to assemble the bar but not how to use it
      · 1 reply
    • tribswede

tribswede  »  goatfarmer

ISO a deck for a 6516 H and all the connecting hardware any ideas on where to start?

· 1 reply
  • Adverts