Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Front Weed Cutter value??

Buickgsman

Just out of curiosity can anyone tell me the value of a weed cutter attachment for the older Landlords? How desireable are they? Thanks Bob

Anything less than $200.00 would require work to get operational. They are very desireable.:D:D I have no thick weeds to cut, but I want one.

I have one love it paid around $250 but have offered to trade a tiller for another one and I sell the tiller for $400 all day long.

At local auctions , where hthere are few collectors and little interest ,they usually bring under $100. I bought a couple in this are over the years. One was NOS with a NOS sickle mower on a pallet , paid $80 for the pair. Put them on the internet well advertized and seems like around $300 is the norm without any problems finding a buyer.

Love to have one, would solve my problems with cutting the weeds on the empty lots I have to mow. It would certainly by cheaper than buying a new Ventrac with a rough cut mower for about 17 grand.CCC Send one up to River Falls, WI:D:D:D

sure could use one here but A-C implements of any kind are rare here in Tampa. am hoping that someone brings one to sell at the Flywheelers tractor show in a couple of weeks. but i am trying to gather spindles from anything free to make my own. figure to mount them on a piece of 1/4 plate and use the 3 belt hitch to drive them. shouldn't have junked all those simplicity decks that i don't need and couldn't sell. as to value, i passed up one (the guy had 3) that was rusty and frozen because he wanted $300 and that was 8 years ago! value is what someone is willing to pay.

This may be the wrong place to ask a new question, but since a bunch of guys who know weedcutters are already here... I've had a weedcutter for 25 years and never used it. I was told it was a brushcutter and could cut small bushes and weeds etc.; finger size sticks. Looking at this unit as I am reassembling it, I am not convinced that it is made to cut small bushes and sticks. Does anyone have experience with this? What can you cut with it? Thanks, Chris

^ Oh, it will cut them like butter...the largest sapling I've cut wasn't quite as big around as a beer can, but close...feathering the clutch and easing into it slow. I had to back away to avoid really chewing it up after cutting it down. Anything the size of a broomstick is toast...cuts it and keeps chewing it up till it either gets pulled away from the tractor or is simply gone. They do a fantastic job...very well built piece of machinery. Bushes and sticks aren't even a challenge. The only trouble I've had is in really thick cover, where you cannot see ground contour changes, and I accidentally stuffed all 4 blades into the dirt. Blew a belt on that driver-error.

funny I did same thing blew a belt when I sunk the blades into the earth..... after getting cocky when I blazed through a forest full of 3" buckthorn saplings. I run mine with 18hp command off front pto and it darn there unstoppable.