Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
GLPointon

HELP...Snow Cab Expert needed

GLPointon
I've always wanted a snow cab for my 7010. I just found one for a Wheel Horse, it looks almost the same as a Simplicity (but I've only seen 'em in pics) except it has an apron that goes forward around the engine to capture heat, like a "heathouser" on bigger tractors? (Its vinyl is a match to Simplicity red w/good looking windows) My question is will it fit? look good? work well? I dont know much about cabs. will I have to drill many holes? OUCH! Any help/advice is appreciated... I only have till Sun. 10/9/11 to back out if needed :(

locknut
If it's decent shape and cheap go for it.Likely simple mods to make it useable.I had fun building my cab from scratch :) http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr342/locknut-1/GR2000%20Cab%20Project/CabProject042.jpg

GLPointon
Thanks for the reply; Don't the Simp. cabs mount mainly behind the seat & have struts down to the runningboards or frame by engine?? ? Does anyone have a link to a installation page?? I cant find one yet

Burntime
There are 2 styles for the 7100 if I remember right. The prefered mounts on the 2 bolts on the top of the dash pan, the rear fenders, and the running boards. The other mounts just to the running boards and rear pan. The original tractor cab co made most of the cabs out there to fit a variety of tractors... The tops are almost always the same...

GLPointon
Thanks Mike, Thats a bit of relief knowing that many are similar to mount & a bit "universal"(I hope). Thats why it caught my eye, I thought it was a Simplicity by the color & roof pan.
quote:
Originally posted by Burntime
There are 2 styles for the 7100 if I remember right. The prefered mounts on the 2 bolts on the top of the dash pan, the rear fenders, and the running boards. The other mounts just to the running boards and rear pan. The original tractor cab co made most of the cabs out there to fit a variety of tractors... The tops are almost always the same...

PhanDad
I believe the last snowcab for the Sovereign series was #1693269; the install instructions/parts diagram is still available at the Briggs Manual site. The #1690496 Burntime referenced is also a valid number at the Briggs site. I think this cab is an earlier cab than the #1693269.

GLPointon
Thanks alot Mike, those installation instructions are very helpful to compare how the Simp.cabs mount vs the W-Horse. I'm going to drive about 2 1/2 hrs round trip to see it in person. It may well be worth it...(low price sm01)

GLPointon
Thats so true, I was having 2nd thoughts..if I saw it was a bit tattered I may pass on it. Then just like you said; what will I think of it when the snow blows at me??? the imperfections wont matter if it blocks the snow/wind...
quote:
Originally posted by Burntime
Ask yourself that when the snow is flying...:D