Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Architectdave

Gramps tractor gets upgrades

Architectdave
Picked up a nice 50" case plow, cut the hitch off it and made a new hitch and lift bar for the 3314H. Here she is attached and ready to go.

Here is the old crapsman plow I took off. Going to put it on my B10 as a spare.

Picture of the hitch.

Made some wheel weight brackets that take 1" hole style barbell weights. Made them able to take 2 25 lbs. plates each side. Currently Ive got a one plate each side at 50 lbs. total.

steve-wis
Looking good! I usually blow instead of pushing snow, but using the blade is fun! Dave, I made a similar set up a couple of years ago. I used an 8 pound weight that fit inside the rim on each side, drilled two holes to match the rim holes, then made the shaft with a pilot that fit inside of the rim center and welded it to the weight. Now I slide the shaft into the rim center and tighten the two bolts, then slip on weights as needed. I have 45 lbs on each wheel this year. When I had the 10 inch rims I used 75 pounds each wheel, but the 8 inch rims won't hold as much without sticking out too far. Steve

Architectdave
Thanks for the kind words guys, here is a picture of the weight mount. The bracket ir 2"x1/4" cut and welded to clear the axle, the bolts are 1/2" carriage and a 3/4" center bolt. the other side is a flat bar with the same bolt cut and welded to fit.

Sign in to follow this