Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
locknut

Gearmotor specs for chute rotator

Willy
I used a window motor from a 99 Chevy. I got some info from Blt then went to installing. Here's what I ended up with.It works slicker than snot on a door knob.
[img]/club2/attach/Willy/DCP01789.JPG[/img] The older cars had a larger gear you need a 7/8s socket on the gear the newer cars has a smaller gear I used a 19 MM socket on it the shaft is an old tire iron cut off and squared off to fit the socket the other end gets ground down to fit the nylon bearing on the blower. after grinding it down I put it in my drill press and polished it up some with crocus cloth.

[img]/club2/attach/Willy/DCP01793.JPG[/img]

I also built a heater to keep the carb from icing up I made it big enough to cover the governor linkage. [img]/club2/attach/Willy/DCP01792.JPG[/img]

locknut
Nice setup,thanks for the reply with pics.That's a nice idea on the carb heater.I have the shroud but not the factory muffler.It's like yours.Not sure if it will fit on there or not. I ordered a gearmotor off ebay tonite.It has a double shaft output so I'm thinking a pulley on each side to wind the cable on. http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-RPM-12-VOLT-DC-HIGH-TORQUE-INLINE-GEARMOTOR-5-1748-/270685929761?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f06238121

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Chris727
    • Edwards
    • MarksA-C
    • Alltractoredup
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• dav-1

dav-1  »  Talntedmrgreen

Over a year ago, you answered a question I had about the tool bar for my FDT. In your reply dated Dec 31, 2019  you said the spacer, part #16, goes in the bar to allow for up and down depth adjustment. does this mean the bolt has to be tightened at whatever depth desired or does the bolt slide up and down, allowing the lower hitch to free float?
         If it is tightened so the lower hitch and the bar are rigid, then is the depth to be controlled by the shoes? Or by the lift handle?
        Is there any kind of user directions for the tool bar? The Outdoor Power Manual basically shows how to assemble the bar but not how to use it
      · 1 reply
    • tribswede

tribswede  »  goatfarmer

ISO a deck for a 6516 H and all the connecting hardware any ideas on where to start?

· 1 reply
  • Adverts