Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Allis_HB112

Primeline Aftermarket Parts

Allis_HB112
Has anyone here used Primeline brand parts? Their prices are less than half of Briggs & Stratton's prices, such as a connecting rod for a B&S 300421 is only $21.75 vs B&S brand at $54.91, and a .020" under for only $17.25, and a 14-16hp piston for only $25.95 (appears to be Primeline brand). Are these Chinese parts? At way less than half of B&S prices, they are hard to ignore. [url]http://www.psep.biz/store/briggs_stratton_pistons.htm#ROT8451[/url] [url]http://www.psep.biz/store/briggs_stratton_connecting_rods.htm[/url]

D-17_Dave
Pretty cheap made stuff IMO. But the thing to remember is almost all of it is made over seas now. Your just as likely to get something bad out of the box now from any supplier as get something that lasts. I'd give em a try. They have been around for a long time.

Willy
I've been using Prime Line parts for quite some time so far I've been satisfied. A friend of mine manages an O'Reillys auto parts store, He gave me a catalog and they have about anything you can think of. The store here gives a vets discount.

GLPointon
Hey Jim, can you order the Briggs parts thru O'Reilys (I hope) or thats just where the cat. came from?
quote:
Originally posted by Willy
I've been using Prime Line parts for quite some time so far I've been satisfied. A friend of mine manages an O'Reillys auto parts store, He gave me a catalog and they have about anything you can think of. The store here gives a vets discount.

Chris727
I don't like using aftermarket rings. I had a set of Prime Line rings for a Kohler, from new they had double the miniumun required endgap. The place I bought them from exchanged me for a Stens set, which looked better, but instead I picked up OEM rings NOS on ebay for $20 and will put them on the aftermarket piston. The aftermarket pistons look better than Kohler, not sure about their briggs stuff though. With briggs going to cast rods rather than forged, the aftermarket might be better than OEM, if still forged.

Allis_HB112
It's nice to know that O'Reily's handles these. I called to verify that. Might be able to save shipping charges? I'm going to compare their prices against those of Pat's I posted the link to.