Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Has your mower ever made this kind of a mark?

Michiganmobileman

I finally got the camper winterized and off our cement slab this Saturday, has sat there since Labor day weekend. As the leaves are just a falling around here we have been on clean up duty for a month or so now. Well guys my dear wife likes to mow the lawn and this time of year the Simplicity 7016 has the leaf vac and trailer on it, so off she goes, and usually does a good job.dOd Stock shot of her from fall 2007 [IMG]http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k576/michiganmobileman/IMG_23421024x768.jpg[/IMG] So anyway back to the story, I found this on the cement next to the camper this Saturday, had been strategically hidden with leaves since last weekend Saturday while I was over at her Moms house shingling the roof with fellow B-I-L's [IMG]http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k576/michiganmobileman/IMG_61411024x768.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k576/michiganmobileman/IMG_61421024x768.jpg[/IMG] Kind of looks like a smiley face from this side [IMG]http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k576/michiganmobileman/IMG_61441024x768.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k576/michiganmobileman/IMG_61431024x768.jpg[/IMG] This was at the end of the cement slab our Mobile Home sat on [IMG]http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k576/michiganmobileman/IMG_61391024x768edit-1.jpg[/IMG] I just happened to notice this on Saturday and she seen me do a double-take and then she busted out laughing. Says she went just a little too far and the front tires went over the edge of the slab. Then she could not get the deck shut down or raised up fast enough to stop the sparks show. I am afraid to see what that center blade looks like but they are all due for replacement next year any way. Oh well she still likes to help and I suppose I should keep her. (Kathy and the Simplicity for those of you about to ask)

my sister likes cutting the lawn with my b10. full throttle and 3rd gear lol. i tell her to go slow. no matter what we do man or women we make mistakes. thats why we call them accidents. id say need more loom around the concrete slab. seat time with the garden cart and grader blade. in the spring.

}:)}:) Greg; I don't think your mower made those marks at all. Your wife is just trying to cover up the UFO visit she had while you were shingling her mother's roof.:D:D Dave.

The good thing is, once she makes a scary mistake like that, she'll never go off the slab like that again...does your blade still have bolt heads??

Make sure you use good grade bolts too. My driveway has a drop off like that and if I don't keep track of how I drop it does that too. One time I snapped a bolt head off because it turned out it was a grade 2 or something low like that. Now they are all grade 8.

I find women know when they make mistakes. sm01 What they don't know is that you probably now need new blades, 8)rollers, 8)bearings, 8)spindles, 8)tie rod ends, 8)drag link, 8)and deck shell 8)- nothing serious really. Right? :D:D sm00 But having a woman who's willing to utilize a tractor? Priceless. sm01 I think to teach my girlfriend to drive my tractor would involve a six-week course on 'how to stop' the thing. Not trying to be sexist here either - she tried driving her brother's Norton bike once, and went straight out the driveway and went straight thru the neighbour's hedge - one perfect straight line! Yeh, really, it's a matter of safety, dontcha know? You can feel the care right there, eh. Get it right. sm01 And of course, as was said, I have never ever done anything silly on my tractor either. yeh, right.

quote:
I find women know when they make mistakes.
Even more so, they know when YOU make mistakes. Even if you don't know you made a mistake, they will make sure and help you out and inform you of the same. Bring it to your attention and such. And if you still don't think it was a mistake and think to defend such reasoning, well, that would be your second mistake. Ahhh yes, the fairer sex. You gotta love 'em. :D

quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
quote:
I find women know when they make mistakes.
Even more so, they know when YOU make mistakes. Even if you don't know you made a mistake, they will make sure and help you out and inform you of the same. Bring it to your attention and such. And if you still don't think it was a mistake and think to defend such reasoning, well, that would be your second mistake. Ahhh yes, the fairer sex. You gotta love 'em. :D
Well said. To play it further, the third mistake of allowing unresolved communion, or lack of, to linger as a time bomb (same as mistake 2, only it's in silence, the etherial, the subconcious, etc. at which point the creative helper may resign, due to tension and disruption of creative process). Failure is an option in the successful fulfillment of the need of a place to be at rest. It's more fun to laugh at it; especially at any point of view that comes with a claim of seriousness and refutation. (red flag indicator). ... this would be a great topic for /simpleRelationships.comm, but I think it's in play often in TractorLand. (especially in this thread) but I doubt there's a problem here. Or - it's all part of genuine tractor safety?? - I spose that fits. 8):D Peace.

Thanks for the reply guys I was hoping it would bring a laugh or two. UFO's and crop circles though? Now thats funny:D. Glad that I had not got around to rebuilding the deck yet and did not have new blades on.
quote:
But having a woman who's willing to utilize a tractor? Priceless.
Thanks, one of the many reasons I shall keep her;). She also likes to fish, hike, go camping, work around the yard and woods and let me play with my tractors. Not sure what the deal is with you other guys wives though:D, I think I sense some ill feelings;);):D

Some thing in life you only learn by doing. Don't giver her to much grief, she young and hopefully she will never do that again. But one has to see how easy this can happen.