Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

lift handle

dav

put a lift shaft from a big ten into a B12. the old shaft in the B12 was the shorter one used with the factory installed hydro lift. had an extra handle lying around. put it on and it's sloppy. shaft size is 7/8, handle opening is 15/16. it does work but i'm wondering about the difference. all the other handles i've worked on were a tight fit; several required heat to remove. one severely mangled tractor that passed thru my hands had a right hand lift. i didn't recognize it for what it was before stripping and junking the carcass. could this be the handle for that right lift? were they a different size? i had even tried selling the quadrant with some milk crates of assorted parts at the tractor show before i figured out what i had. i put it on my Big Ten, then fashoned a handle for it(still dont have it right). does anyone have the mount that the right hand handle gopes on that they could post a pic? or a pic looking broadside at the tractor, focusing on the bottom of the handle? any help is appreciated

Right Hand Lift Lever is only held on by a bolt threaded into the lift shaft. It will use a shim spacer to allow the lift lever to swivel and the lift lever just has a hole in the end of a stamped base that's flat. The weight for the right LL is carried by the quadrant it follows. What you have is likely a later model lift lever. I think they reduced the size of the cross shaft so the bolted bearing blocks wouldn't bust as easy and everything would be a direct bolt up to the current frames.