Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Bru

mower arbor bearing specs?

Bru
I notice that the bearing, Simplicity # 7013313, is used on the mower arbor sets for a whole bunch of different 36, 42, & 48" mowers. Being a cheapskate, I'd rather go to a bearing distributor tor 6 bearings at $4-5 apiece than pay Simplicity $13.50 apiece. Query: does anyone have the specs for these bearings? OD. ID,type, sealed, unsealed, shielded, etc? If I can describe it within industry standarrds to a small-order clerk at the bearing distributor, I'll bet it's less than half the catalogue price... TIA

BLT
If the bearing is 108202 here is another choice. http://www.ebay.com/itm/QTY-6-Z9504B-Z9504RST-Mower-Deck-Spindle-Bearing-/150571927151?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230ec9466f

Bru
quote:
Originally posted by dentwizz
This one? http://tewarehouse.com/7-04250 I know its the same as the 42" deck spindles, not sure of the others.
Give the man a cigar! Specs are identical, tho shields are slightly different--Saving about $50 on a set of 6 (2 per spindle). Thanks for the steer to this supplier.

RayS
quote:
Originally posted by Bru
quote:
Originally posted by dentwizz
This one? http://tewarehouse.com/7-04250 I know its the same as the 42" deck spindles, not sure of the others.
Give the man a cigar! Specs are identical, tho shields are slightly different--Saving about $50 on a set of 6 (2 per spindle). Thanks for the steer to this supplier.
Those that Bob has listed are even cheaper. I have been using them in a deck for about 5 years now without any problems.

Bru
More on bearings: In the course of looking at / for bearings, I found references to multiple Simplicity stock numbers for the same part , and to what looks like it might be a generic or non-OEM manufacturer number. Among other things, I confirmed that these same bearings were used in the mower deck on the deceased 5010 and possibly on the mower deck I had on the 707. Query: Would it be of any use to the members if I collated what info I acquire on this and post it for future users? If so, what forum? I also found in the rathole some bearings still in sealed Briggs & Stratton plastic package with a Simplicity part number and the prominent print line "MADE IN THE USA". However, the bearings inside had a clearly visible "CHINA" stamping, and the name of a Chinese company. I'm aware that most of the less-expensive bearings are now Cinese in origin, but it really honks me to have them mis-labelled. End of rant.

timflury
quote:
Originally posted by Bru
Query: Would it be of any use to the members if I collated what info I acquire on this and post it for future users? If so, what forum?
You could put your information in the "Tech Tips and Articles" forum.