Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MPH

Ready to Plow----Plowed

MPH
Had our first snow to stick sunday

It mostly melted away yesterday, made wood cutting NO fun after about 11am, drove into the woods on frozen ground and out in 3 inches of mud. 31 above this morning so I didn't go out today, been at it 7 days straight and have 9 loads on the pile. This pic is 2 loads short, 3rd row is now full and 4th is half done. Have plenty.

Told my grand daughter my pile was bigger the my ole truck, she was quite for a spell, then said" Naw--- Grampa, you being goofy. So I send her this pic

Took this tonight after spend about half an hour driving around wherever I plow snow. Good 2 inches of wet snow so should make excellent white-top for the winter.

If it keeps snowing all night I may have to plow before I go get wood. First snow rolling

Same ole view

First "64 victory of the season

After a tank of gas, as I was parking back in the shop, had the thought "B.B. King wrote the words for this tune long time ago." [The thrill Is GONE]

Vassal
Great pics Marty, but we're going to have to ask you to put the white stuff away, we're not ready yet!! Heck, it was 75 the other day here in Chitown!! "Told my grand daughter my pile was bigger the my ole truck, she was quite for a spell, then said" Naw--- Grampa, you being goofy. So I send her this pic" I think what your grand daughter was trying to say is that you need a bigger truck. Time to send the old Dodge over to me so I can look after it!!

larry8200
It hit 80 here 4 out of the last 6 days.... Typical nature trying to fool us into thinking the white stuff isn't on the way. Usually safe untill haloween here. Nice pics and story, thanks.

PhanDad
Thanks for sharing the pics - great as usual. And as the others have said, it's been hot the last 6 days or so, work up a sweat without even doing much. Shouldn't be that way this time of year.

steve-wis
Marty, I have the blower and cab and weights on the Allis, and the last week it has been 78 to 85 degrees here in Oshkosh. Our weatherman is saying we will have a warm oct. and nov, then cold and lots of snow, like last year, which was a record year for here, I think about 82 inches. Unlike many others, I like snow and winter, so thanks for the pics, and send some down to Wisconsin, I am ready for it! Steve

MPH
Your all welcome for the warning. Had a really nice and long indian summer here this year too, fact is, it's still getting up to the mid 30's in the day, my bees were out fling some yesterday, though the one that land in the snow stay there. With the extra insulation I done this summer John hoping 6 cord will get me a year, along with a lack of the 2 months of 60 below like we used to get.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• NateShedivy
    • SmilinSam
    • BLT
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Chad Bartlett
      Chad Bartlett
      (37 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• dav-1

dav-1  »  Talntedmrgreen

Over a year ago, you answered a question I had about the tool bar for my FDT. In your reply dated Dec 31, 2019  you said the spacer, part #16, goes in the bar to allow for up and down depth adjustment. does this mean the bolt has to be tightened at whatever depth desired or does the bolt slide up and down, allowing the lower hitch to free float?
         If it is tightened so the lower hitch and the bar are rigid, then is the depth to be controlled by the shoes? Or by the lift handle?
        Is there any kind of user directions for the tool bar? The Outdoor Power Manual basically shows how to assemble the bar but not how to use it
      · 1 reply
    • tribswede

tribswede  »  goatfarmer

ISO a deck for a 6516 H and all the connecting hardware any ideas on where to start?

· 1 reply
  • Adverts