Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ready to Plow----Plowed

MPH

Had our first snow to stick sunday

It mostly melted away yesterday, made wood cutting NO fun after about 11am, drove into the woods on frozen ground and out in 3 inches of mud. 31 above this morning so I didn't go out today, been at it 7 days straight and have 9 loads on the pile. This pic is 2 loads short, 3rd row is now full and 4th is half done. Have plenty.

Told my grand daughter my pile was bigger the my ole truck, she was quite for a spell, then said" Naw--- Grampa, you being goofy. So I send her this pic

Took this tonight after spend about half an hour driving around wherever I plow snow. Good 2 inches of wet snow so should make excellent white-top for the winter.

If it keeps snowing all night I may have to plow before I go get wood. First snow rolling

Same ole view

First "64 victory of the season

After a tank of gas, as I was parking back in the shop, had the thought "B.B. King wrote the words for this tune long time ago." [The thrill Is GONE]

How many loads do you need Marty? I have 20 full cord of 8' logs out back and haven't even begun to cut and split yet. Why is it winter always sneaks up on me? sm00sm00

Great pics Marty, but we're going to have to ask you to put the white stuff away, we're not ready yet!! Heck, it was 75 the other day here in Chitown!! "Told my grand daughter my pile was bigger the my ole truck, she was quite for a spell, then said" Naw--- Grampa, you being goofy. So I send her this pic" I think what your grand daughter was trying to say is that you need a bigger truck. Time to send the old Dodge over to me so I can look after it!!

Great photos, and "this the season", starting on your end of the world. Almost ready here. Thanks for the warning...;)

It hit 80 here 4 out of the last 6 days.... Typical nature trying to fool us into thinking the white stuff isn't on the way. Usually safe untill haloween here. Nice pics and story, thanks.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. We're having our Indian Summer here in CT for the last week. There's still some time to get the snow fleet ready.

Thanks for sharing the pics - great as usual. And as the others have said, it's been hot the last 6 days or so, work up a sweat without even doing much. Shouldn't be that way this time of year.

Marty, I have the blower and cab and weights on the Allis, and the last week it has been 78 to 85 degrees here in Oshkosh. Our weatherman is saying we will have a warm oct. and nov, then cold and lots of snow, like last year, which was a record year for here, I think about 82 inches. Unlike many others, I like snow and winter, so thanks for the pics, and send some down to Wisconsin, I am ready for it! Steve

Marty, Enjoyed the pics, and you can keep the snow on the west coast for another month or two. Love the ol' DODGE!!!

Great pics, terrible white stuff, was talking to the wife last night, its only 5 weeks to thanks giving and 9 till christmas....

Your all welcome for the warning. Had a really nice and long indian summer here this year too, fact is, it's still getting up to the mid 30's in the day, my bees were out fling some yesterday, though the one that land in the snow stay there. With the extra insulation I done this summer John hoping 6 cord will get me a year, along with a lack of the 2 months of 60 below like we used to get.