Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

daryl

Need mulchers for 1984 model 6216

BLT
I noticed that Gator doesn't make a quite of few replacements for Simplicity. Anyway yo can fashion a blocking plate for the mower outlet and have a mulching deck of sorts. It might not be the best, but it is better then nothing at all if you are into mulching.

RayS
Since Oregon Gator blades are about the only mulcher out there. It is going to be hard to find if they are not made. Unless you can find NOS. Here is the Oregon 2012 PDF catalog. http://www.oregonchain.com/pro/pdf/OREGON_BladesByOEM.pdf If it were me I would look through the catalog and find something simular. Since your blade length is 17" with a 3/4" center hole. Gravely has a blade that is 17" with a 5/8" center hole. I would drill the hole to 3/4". I wouldn`t worry about balancing. I never balanced a blade in my life. Drill it out in a drill press if you have one. Your deck is right hand discharge. The Gravely more than like is as well, since Simplicity was the only one that I am aware of that left had discharge. The gravely gator balde is part number: 96-323 for the 3 in 1 high lift blade gator mulcher 396-723 for the G6 gator mulcher Let us know how it works out!

Chris727
I work for a JD dealer and we handle Sunbelt products. They carry a gator style blade called "predator" They cross the Simplicity number to a B1SB90940 blade. Unfortunately they are on backorder but its possible eventually there will be more made. It appears to be the only company making them.

daryl
I found the 27" Gator woth the 11/16" hole... http://www.agrisupply.com/product.asp?pn=63419&sid=&eid=GL021908006 Pretty good price!! If the drill is centered properly then the blades should not even need balancing should it? I'm trying to find someone around here (Just east of Flint, Michigan) that carries Gators. Anyone know of a place? And your sure that just drilling the hole out is all that is required?

daryl
O wow, thanks a ton. I sure appreciate that. By the way, in my last post I meant to say 17", not 27":D Also, on that 17" blade, it just occurred to me that the center hole is only 1/16" smaller than what is called for (3/4"). I can get that drilled out at work with no problem. And that little bit should not effect balance at all. Let me know what you fing out, please. Thanks.

RayS
According to the PDF file they are the same spec. other than the diameter of the hole. I would make sure they are both the same discharge side, which they should be. Increasing the diameter of the hole won`t affect the balance. The Oregon - Gator blade site should have a dealer locator link on there website.

daryl
I found a place that sells the Gator 92-675 (17"). I noticed that Gator blades are cupped in the center. My old blade is flat and rests against a flat surface on the bottom of the arbor. The cupped surface of the Gator blade will only allow the outer egdes of the blade to rest on this surface. This looks like a "can't do". Anyone familiar with this and have an answer?

RayS
These appear to be flat. It is Gator number 6298. Spec. LENGTH 17" WIDTH 2-1/2" CENTER HOLE 5/8" http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-50-CUT-3-BLADE-SET-/300072762083?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45ddbafae3

http://glenssurplus.com/proddetail.php?prod=Rot-6298