Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Help with tractors and parts

bgeorge

Hi, I'm relatively new to this site because I took some pictures of my grandfather's tractors and believed he went to this forum alot. His username was something like Dutch, Churchhill, and / or Herb. Something to that degree at least. He passed away back in 2009, and we knew he loved Simplicity tractors, so my grandmother and I are interested in finding out some of the information relating to some pictures I took. We are just wondering what the part is / what it does / is it rare or common / price...just the basics. I don't see a picture upload option, so if need be I'll be willing to email the pictures to anyone who can help me. My email is bgeorge555@comcast.net thanks for anyone who can help!

Your grandfather, Dutch as he was best known as, was a respected member and wrote many threads pertaining to the hobby and website. As a suggestion, I would take some time to study the site where you can, learn as much as you can and then start asking some questions. This will help you sift the run of the mill equipment from the more valuable items. Joining the club will allow you to post pictures for more advice down the road. Posting pictures is a paid privilege along with the added subject matter that you can read and add comments to. The annual membership is $10.00 per year. And as I write the general consensus now is the market is somewhat soft. Other people will pipe in also. Pricing is a tuffy sometimes as like items very from the Atlantic to the Pacific. Also seasonal items sell better within its time frame. I wish you well in your endeavors.

Welcome Bronson!! I am the very happy owner of one of the Grader Blades your Grandfather had made, and sold to members of the club. He was a valued contributor.