Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Ronald Hribar

Sun Runner

Ronald Hribar
I picked up a Sun Runner today. It has a baggerand a rebuilt 12.5 Briggs. However it is missing the pullies on the motor. Owner said he had no luck in locating a replacement. Does any one have an idea where to look? I have placed an ad in the classified.

Ronald Hribar
I sent an Email to Sun Runner I do not know model number of mower, or year also do not know what pulley looks like. If it is unique to the Sun Runner or a common Simplicity part any info is appreciated

sunrunner

looks like double pulley, Old stock#1678163 - new stock#1700310sm Wait I could be wrong - No model #? You said 12.5hp - What size front tires/what size steering tires? What does your lift bar look like(straight piece of stock or handle on top)? What size deck? You could have the Front Cut Series - FCH - Which would have a clutch instead of a pulley - Chris Tires: 6" front 4" steering - Sunrunner 8" front 6" steering FCH

jmhusby
I would still love to have the 16hp FCH. Had to trade mine when I got a Landlord as money wasn't plentiful at the time and I needed a snowblower. The only problem I ever had was with the drive chain and Simplicity had a fix for that, additional idler pulley that was put on if you complained to the dealer about it. Even though mine was used he replaced it for nothing. Great for cutting around trees. Still have my eye out for one. 16/48.

Ronald Hribar
yes that is my bagging system. I would have gotten pulleys elsewhere if I had old one to size new one from. P.O. tried to put something one and it did not work and there is limited space to work on it also

Ronald Hribar
took my pulley assembly in to Simplicity dealer. the assembly off a 4212 will work with modification. Same size pulleys, same size shaft. The shaft would have to be shortened, $100 for 4212 assembly. I do not need it now But thought someone would like to know