Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sun Runner

Ronald Hribar

I picked up a Sun Runner today. It has a baggerand a rebuilt 12.5 Briggs. However it is missing the pullies on the motor. Owner said he had no luck in locating a replacement. Does any one have an idea where to look? I have placed an ad in the classified.

Ron, Send a message to Chris (Sunrunner on here). He has one (a sunruner mower) and knows about them as much as anyone. Might even have a spare pulley. Steve

I sent an Email to Sun Runner I do not know model number of mower, or year also do not know what pulley looks like. If it is unique to the Sun Runner or a common Simplicity part any info is appreciated

looks like double pulley, Old stock#1678163 - new stock#1700310sm Wait I could be wrong - No model #? You said 12.5hp - What size front tires/what size steering tires? What does your lift bar look like(straight piece of stock or handle on top)? What size deck? You could have the Front Cut Series - FCH - Which would have a clutch instead of a pulley - Chris Tires: 6" front 4" steering - Sunrunner 8" front 6" steering FCH

i will check it out, but previous owner said pulleys and i have a lead on new pulleys now thanks for all the help Simplicity dealer said they were JUNK

Your GOOD.....Wouldn't say Junk - but is limited to a good LAWN mower and the FCH series fixed all of the Sunrunners weaknesses - Chris Also make for a good wheelbarrow.....

My bagger is different It has two bags that sit in cart. I like your replacement (?) cart. was thinking of doing something like that.

I would still love to have the 16hp FCH. Had to trade mine when I got a Landlord as money wasn't plentiful at the time and I needed a snowblower. The only problem I ever had was with the drive chain and Simplicity had a fix for that, additional idler pulley that was put on if you complained to the dealer about it. Even though mine was used he replaced it for nothing. Great for cutting around trees. Still have my eye out for one. 16/48.

You could get good pulley deals from Burden's Surplus Center in Nebraska if you cannot locate one. They have very resonable prices. surpluscenter.com

yes that is my bagging system. I would have gotten pulleys elsewhere if I had old one to size new one from. P.O. tried to put something one and it did not work and there is limited space to work on it also

And as P{aul Harvey said NOW the rest of the story They did not have pulley in stock back to looking for pulley assembly #1700310 sm or 1678163

I have 2 pulleys in the pile, one from a yeoman and one from a 4108, I think they are both the same size. Yours if it will work on the sunrunner.

Thanks Mike but I have what I need there seems to be a market for these pulleys some one could corner the market with new pulleys

took my pulley assembly in to Simplicity dealer. the assembly off a 4212 will work with modification. Same size pulleys, same size shaft. The shaft would have to be shortened, $100 for 4212 assembly. I do not need it now But thought someone would like to know