Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Got a Sovereign!

peterinbrooklyn

Not the nicest one I've come across but the guy drove it down 2.5 hours (milwaukee) to deliver it to me since I couldn't go get it cause of work! yeah it does have the triad :( But I must say....It runs excellent! I got the 48" deck and 42" blower (with electric chute) and a bunch of extra parts and belts and stuff! I'm so suprised at how smooth that triad motor is. And yeah I know its prolly not gonna last but hey its been running for this long...lets see how long it will go! [IMG]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e196/tjman00/2011-10-13121324.jpg[/IMG]

Nice catch! I'm sure there are members here who know the Triad and can tell you the maintenance items/mods to help it last.

yeah it needs the valve covers resealed but otherwise thats all from the outside. It really does run well! and its super quiet

quote:
Originally posted by Zach
excuse the dumb question guys but whats a "triad"?
The Triad is a version of the Kohler engine that was a Kohler attempt to be an improvement over what the previous engines were. It didn't work out and many were replaced. If you have one they will say OHC on the air cleaner. Never owned on but from what I understand they will either blow up soon or may last a long time. Many were put in the Sovereigns for a period of time. Someone here may have the time period.