Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
WaterlooBoy2HP

Grass Blowing Out from Deck

WaterlooBoy2HP
'96 Sovereign - 48" deck w/gull wing blades. Grass and dust blows out from under front of deck far worse than older Simplicity w/ 42" deck. Is there a kit available for these decks to correct this problem..?

Sandy_Lake_Imp
Install a set of the old flat blades. It will cut higher so u will need to crank the handles up to lower the deck for the same length of cut. Bill

Al
Bill, Thanks for the advise. Are my symptoms inherent with gull wing blades..? If so, why did Simplicity go from flat blades to the gull wing design..?

Roy
Bill, Does a 99 Sovereign 42" deck have gull wing blades?? Which old flat blades fit the new deck with the splined shafts?? Will flat blades reduce the amount of dust and grass that gets sucked into the engine and air filter?? Thanks, Roy

eskimodeb
Bill- My cavalier with bagger recommends one dove wing blade near the chute so to force in the bagger. I have noticed since we did change one blade to the dove style that blowing dirt and grass in front and left side of mower is happening. I bought my cavalier in May and I am amazed how much mulch I have already for my compost pile! Deb