Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simple attachments

CTucker

I came across a cart for a 2 wheeled tractor a few years ago. I latched on to it because I had never seen anything like it before. It connects to the front of a 2 wheeled tractor like any other attachment and it has 2 caster wheels up front. It is heavy built and dumps forward. This cart had the casters welded so it could be pulled behind a riding lawn mower but that can be corrected Simply by grinding the weld of. I wonder who might have built these and if they are uncommon. I don't have any pictures but I suppose I should make a trek to the Old Home Barn and get a few some time. I have a 2 wheeled tractor with a newer 8 hp Briggs, I have a plow for a David Bradley that could be used with it, a couple old cultivator frames with some shovels a front blade and the tractor currently has a sickle mower on it. I hope to get this critter on my to do list and build or buy a sulky for it. Charlie

WELCOME TO THE CLUB; I have not seen one of them and that is the idea of some of the rear vac carts. Then you can find the trailer with the brakes on it and seat for the sulky.

Welcome. Sounds good. Please note that only members ($10 per year) can post pictures and access all the forums. You can get lots else for free though, including this part of the site.

Kinda like a wheel barrow, It is rectangle shaped, not rounded. It is longer than it is wide and the front angles out like a wheel barrow. It is quit a bit smaller than any normal wheel barrow, maybe 12"x18" by 8 inches deep. It has a lining of concrete so I assumed it was used to mix and transport mortar.