Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

SNOW CAB .......at last !

GLPointon

Well I had very good luck adapting this Wheel Horse Snow Cab to my 7010. I made 2 brackets from the running boards & 2 from the forward frame (used 1/2" conduit) the 2 in back mount under the seat. So I didn't drill any new holes...

This cab was a cheap C.L. find... I cleaned & Armor-All'd it and used an awsome product on the windows called PLAST-X (thanks mike-burntime) made them clear as new... I can't wait for a blizzard

Very nice! Nothing like a cab when blowing snow. I looked and looked for one like you found before I finally just built my own. Finding one in decent shape for a decent price is definately the way to go. Enjoy! Steve

I've seen some cool custom built cabs here... What I want to fab next is a Spout Rotator, I need to get to the boneyard for a window motor assy...from what I read I need the right side motor?? anyway thats next...
quote:
Originally posted by steve-wis
Very nice! Nothing like a cab when blowing snow. I looked and looked for one like you found before I finally just built my own. Finding one in decent shape for a decent price is definately the way to go. Enjoy! Steve

from what I read I need the right side motor?? anyway thats next... The motor from ether side will work. The cab looks good,like it was made for it.

Looks very good. Got to use mine last year, and loved the hey our of it. Might want to think of sealing to the hood, as on my 6200 a bit blows in. Just used a large magnet, from hardware store, which originally covered heat registers. Easy on and off is needed.

Looks real close to mine, nice find. Now all you have to do is cover up those naughty words on the side of it.;):D

Greg, you could put a sleeper cab on yours! I picked one up this year, but still havent touched it. Just finished tilling and need to mow again...and for whatever reason the oaks are still holding their leaves. Still green! Everything else is long fallen and multched, but I am interested in trying a cab.

Put the cab on Josh and test fit everything. Just leave the doors off if you need to mow or till. The last thing you need is to figger out mounting during the first snowfall.

But Tim that is the best time to install the blower. It is evern better if you are knee deep in snow and the tractor is buried too. Don't ask how I know this. Rick...........

I like that Tim, it makes it sound like I planned it. Reactive mainteance -- reacting to the need to repair the machine / install the blower etc.

Looks nice on there Greg.Glad you took a chance and bought it.Now,you need to find some orange duct tape so you can cover up that Brand-X logo sm01

THATS RIGHT!!! I've been shopping for non-transparent SIMPLICITY decals large enough to cover up that Horse crap :Y
quote:
Originally posted by locknut
Looks nice on there Greg.Glad you took a chance and bought it.Now,you need to find some orange duct tape so you can cover up that Brand-X logo sm01

• 1 month later...
Spray a black rectangle to block out the WH and then use a stencil to spray Simplicity in orange over it. rustoleum has plastic paint that should work. If you want a real slick rotator see my post in the articles, on a geared rotator.