Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
sierradriver

Big Ten duals

sierradriver
Hey might be easier than I'm thinking but on the right side of my big ten the hub for the wheel lugs sticks out past the center of the wheel. My question is how can I put a dually adapter the one that uses the lug bolts. Is there a plug that I can use instead of the bolts that are on the end of the hub? Probably not discribing this right but like I said I'm probably over thinking this or should I just go with the adapter that uses the ring and bolts (i would rather go with the lug bolts) Thanks for any opinion or how people have done it.

perry
my duals bolt up useing the square holes where the weights would go. i use the adapters for the 6-12" tires. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wheel-Horse-dual-wheel-kit-23X8-50-12-tires-/260866710528?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbcde1c00

Talntedmrgreen
Or you can replace the bolts...I have 7/16x20 stainless socket head screws on several of my machines. Helps ease Wheel removal and allows dual adapters to bolt right up. I don't mind the Wheel Horse adapters, especially for the price...that's not bad at all.

rokon2813
There are several ways to do duals, some good, some not as good. ideally, original spacers are best, but hard to find and expensive. They can be duplicated relatively easy, with some steel circles, large pipe and a welder. Wheel horse spacers work good too, still hard to find but easier to duplicate with some steel plate and pipes and a welder. Now, cheaper; (my ways) ;) 4 carriage bolts and 4 pieces of pipe per wheel and just bolt them together. Hard to keep the outer wheels centered with these, but works. Cut circles of heavy plywood to just fit inside the lip of the rim. Drill 4 holes in the plywood and bolt them up. Works fine but you cant get to the inside valve stem on the outer wheels. My brother liked the circles of wood, but wanted the wheels further apart.He cut 2 circles per wheel from plywood, then sandwiched them around 2 x 12 ( 2 2 x 6's I think). With 8 1/2 ags on the inside, and 6" on the outside, his B 110 was about 50" wide :O