Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dirtmister16

HEY EVERYONE!

dirtmister16
HELLO,I'm back again! sorry for being gone so long, between being busy and not having a computer for quite awhile a lot has happened. I can't remember if i was able to pass along the news before i lost my computer or not, but i now work at a the local simplicity dealer here in town. i do repair work and setup new machines and do pick up and drop off of equipment. have added a few new tractors and sold a few since as well. recent addtions are 2 yoemens and a system tractor that i can't think of the number of at the moment. also one older simp. broadmoor. all 4 tractors i got for free from my boss. my father has boughten a case garden tractor 446 IIRC. also we have a semi trailer of old car parts i dragged home for him. lots of things going on. trying to get ready for winter with snowblowers that i need to sell and other various items on my to do list. ill try to get some pictures of the tractors and show them to you before the snow flies. looks like my dues are overdue! yikes! ill have to get that straightened out asap!

Brettw
Welcome back Matt. Sounds like you got the perfect job for yourself. As I recall, you were going to start your own small engine business. This is the best of all worlds in today's economy. Regular paycheck, doing what you wanted to do, and at a Simplicity dealer no less. Congrats!

dirtmister16
thank you all for your kind words they are nice to see. i don't know about a inside line on older stuff i got what was there for the older machines. there are a few other items that are hidden away but from what i know they are the boss and his dads projects. it was actually very strange the way this job came about, we were talking one day when i was getting some parts and just sort of offered me the job. i was very shocked and didn't know what to say, but i told him i would think it over because at the time i had two other jobs plus all my own work and things that i do. Well after awhile i started part time from noon to five and decided that it work out so i started full time. i quit my other two jobs so that i wasn't running myself down. i still have plenty of other income between my side work and buying and selling various items. now just in case someone is wondering any side work i take on now i make sure they don't normally take it to my workplace, i won't take buisness away from my boss as it would be very dumb to do such a thing. i have pictures and i will try to get them up, still figuring out the new computer.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Koabd1978
    • deebig
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• dav-1

dav-1  »  Talntedmrgreen

Over a year ago, you answered a question I had about the tool bar for my FDT. In your reply dated Dec 31, 2019  you said the spacer, part #16, goes in the bar to allow for up and down depth adjustment. does this mean the bolt has to be tightened at whatever depth desired or does the bolt slide up and down, allowing the lower hitch to free float?
         If it is tightened so the lower hitch and the bar are rigid, then is the depth to be controlled by the shoes? Or by the lift handle?
        Is there any kind of user directions for the tool bar? The Outdoor Power Manual basically shows how to assemble the bar but not how to use it
      · 1 reply
    • tribswede

tribswede  »  goatfarmer

ISO a deck for a 6516 H and all the connecting hardware any ideas on where to start?

· 1 reply
  • Adverts