Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
yukon

hole

yukon
i just bought a 712 allis with a 16 hp briggs runs good smokes a little got done mowing my yard with it and noticed a puddle of oil under it further research i discovered a crack in the oil pan how should i go about fixing it and where could i go to get another pan gasket or could i use silicone thanks :D

powerking_one
I agree with Ray, replace the pan if the price point is good with one off of Ebay or repair it with TIG weld operation. Pan gasket PN is 691569 ~~$4.75. I guess the JB Weld idea would be "OK" but a second choice in terms of quality outcome. Tom(PK)

Allis_HB112
I just bought a base for $10 on ebay, but it was close enough to pick up, along with the snow/dirt blade I bought at the same time. [url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/270826494234?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649[/url]

colincox1
I agree with Willy, JB weld, Prior to my relationship with Simp Tractors, I did 10 years motor racing, I have fixed similar with JB weld and it lasted the season, The technique I use was clean clean clean, score the area with a modelling knife, in three angles, clean again. Put one JB weld piece on the crack so it over laps by a 1/4" let set, and then I put lots of pieces about the size of peas, on the join of the first JB weld piece and the exposed metal, and remember each pea must overlap the last. I hope that makes sense