Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

T10 ebay find

simplewrench

I mentioned the other day that I purchased a Homelite T10 off ebay for $55 well here are some pics. It's not too pretty but the price was right. It was missing the carb and starter generator but I had both of those on hand. Not running yet (someone cut the wires to the starer generator instead of undoing them. So I may have to do a full rewire that is yet to be determined. If I didn't have to go to work I could get a lot more done on my tractors. Just a joke though happy to be working.

dOd Nice score. You don't see any of the Homelites here in Canada. I don't know of any dealers here but chainsaws etc. were sold here with the Homelite brand name. Dave.

Well after picking away at it here and there. I got the wiring patched together and the old girl fired up tonight. Just on starter fluid. I need to make a new link for the carb (got lost somewhere). So I'm excited. This might just be my snow plow tractor this year. I will have to see how the gearing feels on the straight 3 speed. My 7016 is a 6 speed. There's no muffler which I do have an extra but I'm thinking a stack would look real nice.

Well she's all back together and running good. I took a couple of laps around the yard and all the gears seem good. Does seem to have any issues. I am very pleased with my $55 find. Wish they were all good suprises like this one has been.