Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
yukon

creeping

yukon
here we go again got the oil leak fixed and the hydro is creeping tried to adjust it and still creeps seems like it has a lot of travel on the spring cant see any ware on anything. thanks dave

larry8200
I would take a close look at the brown bushing in the bottom right of your picture, In my expereince, if its not just right, a little worn etc. it will prevent proper adjustment and other annoyances. I regurly use a teflon spray lube on it. Loose linkages or rear frame plates have caused me problems too.

BLT
Download this http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=jgEAGP_esO3tG5EPl7mRgtLvBCd6 . Go to page 29 and it gives you the procedure for neutral adjustment. It took me three times but now have got it to almost no creep.;)

SmilinSam
One thing right off is the spring assembly isnt assembled right. One side is loose. You can see the washers are not being held in against the bracket edges. the washers need set in straight ad the one bolt snugged up a little. Adjusting the control arm forward & back is just the preliminary adjustment. The fine adjustment is on the nut assembly at the end of the control cup shaft( would be towrds the bootom of your picture just out of the picture.) As indicated , the red rubber bushing can get worn and cause problems, also as Bob indicated the instructions will help clarify the adjustment procedures.