Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jlasater

Bought my second A /C today

jlasater
I went to only my second tractor show today. I was there less than ten minutes when I bought a A/C model B-1 (fixer upper) with a mower deck ( nice shape ), snow blower ( spins nice ) and the rear two piece counter weights plus two extra rear tire rims all for $50.00. I think I will start collecting since I now have a B-210 and a B-1. I plan on keeping it and repairing it after I finish my B-210. I don't think I could go wrong for that kind of money, it certainly made my day.

JimV
Alan, This should make you feel even...........[A href='http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1611211495']http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1611211495[/a]

MPH
The secret is guys you park them in seperate stalls or better yet seperate sheds. Also make sure you have a tailgate on your pickup so they can't jump in when your juat drivin by. MPH

MPH
Kent, I appreciate the offer but will pass at this time. I got to have something different in my collection. Notice the new vocab word ( collection ). You have got me addicted and my daughter also wants a tractor now. That's a great excuse for me to get more. I just don't know if the wife will believe there for my children. I also saw a 525 at the show Sunday but didn't ask how much. That would be perfect for my daughter. It's interesting that someone just inquired about one. Al

SmilinSam
Jim, You are correct that was the Pepperel Mass. show. It was great by my standards. I also saw a Simplicty trailer ( the one that is posted on the site that sold for $25.00. Luckily it was another club member that got it. At this time I have had only very positive experiences at the two shows I attended. People are nice and prices are very reasonable. I had picked up a Brinley rear plow 10" ? at the Orange show for $30.00 and it's in nice shape.

SmilinSam
Dutch, You just made my day today. This is just more positive reinforcement for the wife. They just don't understand. On the way home from the show, my soon to be 6 year old decided we would fix the B-1 for him. Of course now my daughter want's one. She want's custom colors of pink and purple, it should be interesting. Luckily I have time on my side because it will be a while until the are tall enough to operate one without me. The one on E-Bay was in better shape than mine, but I am very happy with what I got. Al

Kent
Al, The two-piece rear counterweight is worth what you paid for the whole shebang... you should be happy. But, just in case you're not, I'll offer you twice what you paid for it --$100 -- and you can keep looking.... I have a B-1 in the barn that either needs a donor tractor to complete it or needs to become a donor itself.... But, be very careful. After the second one, they can begin multiplying like rabbits.... 8o) Kent

SmilinSam
Yep, one of my tractor buddies and I were looking at his inventory when he looked at me and said "they are breeding !" Of course, I myself have no room to talk. Between the two of us we could keep a good auctioneer busy for a few hours. HA! Sam

what are the shows in peperell and orange......is there a mailing list ??are they helf more than once a summer?? thank