Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New to me, Simplicity Landlord. 1968 ( got a quest

Built-tough

Hi guys, I'm new to this and I also just got this tractor. I also got another one that is going to be used as a parts tractor due to its condition... The parts tractor has hydro lift on it so i am soon going to take it out and install it into the landlord. Should be ready for winter! Here is a pic so far, i'll have more on there way.

If anyone has any tips for me on these, that would be awsome! thanks for looking!

^ Kolbe; 1967 Landlord would be a 2012 with round hood and seat pan with seperate fenders.Yours looks to be a 1968 or 69 flat hood with all in one seat/fender pan. Dave.

quote:
Originally posted by B10Dave
^ Kolbe; looks to be a 1968 or 69 flat hood with all in one seat/fender pan. Dave.
yep, daves got it. yours is probaly a model 2110 http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/New_in_1968/landlord_2110.htm OWNERS MANUAL - http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCFEN8arG7rE4CG.5kbp796Dq welcome to the club sm01

Welcome to the club! Most all the Simplicity information you'll ever need can be found here. The 990432/433 2110 Landlord was introduced in 67. I have one with hydrolift and its a great little beast.

That look slike an awfully nice 'parts' tractor! Lights, wheel weights, dozer and hydrolift...a great machine for sure! My 2110 was bought into the family new, sold a few decades later, and now I buoght it back again! Mows and pushes snow like a true workhorse =] heck, it looks just like mine...you didn't steal that from a garage in MI did you? =]

Thanks guys! And the picture is not of the parts tractor, i will post more pics later tonight! I'm already attached to the tractor! :)

Here are more pictures. You can tell which one is the parts tractor and which one i will be using and keeping it complete.

• 2 weeks later...
Got snow today... and i was plowing then i came up with a question. When you put it in second gear, drive then stop and try to switch it out of second gear, it is very hard to get out of second, but not any other gear. I guess this is a common problem but what causes it? any body know? Thank you!

The gears sometimes settle imperfectly. The main thing is to hold the pedal down hard and shift quickly so the pulley doesn't get a chance to spin up while it's neutral.