Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Turbo Vac and cart

tweinke

Ok got my "leaf collection system" done. This turned out way better then I thought. Got the turbo off ebay real cheap,had to order a pulley for the deck,and made the mounting brackets. looked for a wide body cart,no luck around here. looked at a couple green and yellow carts,green paint must be expensive! made my own cart with a couple casters from Harbor Freight,and some used angle iron from work.Found a 250 gallon fertilizer tank for free. One scrap of plywood for a door. After one modification works like a champ.Can vac the whole yard in one load. Emptying is not too bad,leaves are like a bail so they need help to get out. Less time raking more time on tractor is priceless. :D:D:D

Door in rear is hardware cloth with a landscape fabric curtain to deflect the dust down

dOdNice fab job tweinke. If the moderator thinks post is in wrong place he will move it and notify you. Welcome to the site and post lots more pics of your projects. Dave.

Architectdave, This conglomeration works really well,the leaves are fairly well chopped up. Would like to find Gator blades to see what they would do though. The cart holds just about a full trailer load on my 5x8 utility trailer with a tarp on it. Too me that's a pile of leaves. It picks up pretty good also,would probably be better if the deck was not set as high as it will go.Still wish I could have found a wide body cart. The rearward visibility is a little sketchy. Length and width is about the same as the wide body cart and with the offset to the left it works well.sm01

Very creative. I bet it would outlast canvas. If I were driving by on the road, I wouldn't give you a second look. Looks like the real thing. 8D

Wife says I have to paint it. I do not think paint will stick to the plastic,think its HDPE? Might have to investigate paint though. Another tractor I have was banned from the front yard until it was painted so I do not want to go there again.

Nice jobdOd! Sounds like it does a good job too. And I like that you used what you had or could get cheap, that's my kind of build. There are special spray cans for plastic now, pretty sure I have some Krylon cans from a forgotten project in the shed, not sure what all plastics it sticks to though. Give us an update after the boss OK's your paint job:D.

Body shops use a spray stain on plastic door panels and such. Nice fab work. Just tell the wife it's a blivet and blivets are suppose to be white. Welcome to the site.