Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

snowblower accessories: factory?

mike_sdak

Here is a pic of a 917 H I saw for sale in ND (looks nice BTW). Look at the top of the snowblower housing. Are the drift cutters and the extra piece of sheet metal factory? Anyone add similar upgrades? I am curious since my snowblower seems a bit short at times.

It wasn`t factory for that particular blower but they were available or on the early 36" units. The extra piece of metal wasn`t on the early model either. But looks very functional. Nice clean tractor!

Mike, I would say the drift cutters are optional, but factory equipment. The extra sheet metal between the drift cutter looks to be an owner added item. I would be interested in knowing how that extra sheet metal might be. You don't want to overwhelm the blower since that could lead to a clog or plugged blower. The tractor does appear to be a nice clean tractor with some nice attachments. By the way using the blower with the grader blade was suggested by the factory at one point. The trick is to angle the grader blade towards the "un_cleaned" area. The reason for the grader blade was to remove the snow that remains behind the blower. Rick.........

Interesting as I added "drift cutters" to my 42" last year, but more to help support the blower sides sheet metal. (some how I bump things) Mine I made rolled down to the shoe on each side. So the edge was 3/16 thick plus the original thickness. Have never needed the extra sheet metal (I think) as try to get the snow inches moved before too high. Plus looking over the top, blocks some view of the intake. And as I blow mostly in the dark, might be an issue. My .02.