Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
larrylane

One Wheel Tractor Pictures

larrylane
I have this tractor and am looking for any information that might be out there. The model information on the tag is damaged but appears to be model A-448. The engine is a Briggs model U, type 204073, serial 113182. I'm not sure if the engine is OEM. I was a Simplicity Dealer for many years with my father starting the business in 1947 or 48. He did not sell this machine but acquired it from a customer. Appreciate any help that is out there.

GLPointon
That is just too cool! I'm suprised they made a 1 wheel tractor 2 wheelers seem really out there, but 1 wheel tractor?? Do you have any other attachments? how many were available? Let us know...very interesting, Thanks sm01

B10Dave
:O Larry, I may be wrong and I stand to be corrected but I think that tractor is an example of the first ones made by Simplicity. There was a restored one at the Findley Ohio show in 2010. Don't know any more about them. The one in Findley was powered by a Briggs. Dave.

larrylane
Thanks for the info so far. There was a cultivator attachment with the tractor when we first had it but I can't find it so I'm afraid it might have been discarded without realizing what it was. Thinking about putting it on EBay. If anyone has an interest, let me know.

Karl_Brandt
Nice looking tractor. This is the first tractor Simplicity made in 1937 or later. Here is a link to my website...ad for the Simplicity one wheel tractor Model A. [url]http://www.simplicityva.com/preww2tractors.html[/url] They are more rare tractor I have seen a few before. The engine is a Briggs & Stratton model U engine. karl

larry8200
Very cool!! According to the Antique Small Engine Collectors Club: http://www.asecc.com/data/briggs/data3.html#U The Briggs model U was built from 1940-1945, but the highest serial number is 30991

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• dav-1
    • jlasater
    • Drhulv
    • maxwood
    • PhanDad
    • rokon2813
    • tripleguy
    • Brettw
    • smalljob
    • SmilinSam
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• dav-1

dav-1  »  Talntedmrgreen

Over a year ago, you answered a question I had about the tool bar for my FDT. In your reply dated Dec 31, 2019  you said the spacer, part #16, goes in the bar to allow for up and down depth adjustment. does this mean the bolt has to be tightened at whatever depth desired or does the bolt slide up and down, allowing the lower hitch to free float?
         If it is tightened so the lower hitch and the bar are rigid, then is the depth to be controlled by the shoes? Or by the lift handle?
        Is there any kind of user directions for the tool bar? The Outdoor Power Manual basically shows how to assemble the bar but not how to use it
      · 1 reply
    • tribswede

tribswede  »  goatfarmer

ISO a deck for a 6516 H and all the connecting hardware any ideas on where to start?

· 1 reply
  • Adverts