Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

ANyone know where I can find this Briggs ID decal

Buickgsman

I am about to tear into the engine on my Landlord and I am trying to find this decal. Does anyone know where I can get them? I already tried Vintage decals site with no luck and looked through ebay with no luck. Any other ideas? This is for a 243431 Briggs 10HP. Thanks Bob

Funny, I want the exact same one and sources on the internet don't have that particular one. The "Easy Spin Starting" decal is on the front of the shroud at about the 10:00 position. Those can be found. Bear in mind that the old decal is water transfer style. Your replacement will most likely be vinyl. I've seen decals for the vertical shaft engines too. Have you tried to do a Google search for "Briggs and Stratton engine decals"??

label is 2 7/8" wide by 1 9/16" high.Top black line(above BRIGGS & STRATTEN) is 1/16",bottom black line(where model type code is) is 3/16" middle black line(where see your instruction book is) is 1/4"outside black lines are 1/16".Where area is rubbed off it says (USE) in front of OIL LABELED.Label is flat on top and bottom but looks rounded due to the closeness of the camera(cant afford an expensive camera it would cut into the tractor funds).Someone should be able to print this label for you, it is a pretty simple design. Hope this helps. Bill

They are all over ebay but you have to buy a set at 15.00 incl shipping. One is auction # 120789739184 . That number in the lower left, if you could read it, should be the Briggs part no but it may only be available in a set. Gary

Thanks for the tip Gary! I'll email him and see if he will let just the decal needed sell separately. He's a fellow Michigander, so I'll try to appeal to his roots }:)

quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
Thanks for the tip Gary! I'll email him and see if he will let just the decal needed sell separately. He's a fellow Michigander, so I'll try to appeal to his roots }:)
I did the same.:D I got a reply and he said he will be willing to separate his sets. GMTA hey Josh??

Tim, I'm sure what GMTA means... =] He told me $2.44 each, shipped. I asked what payment method he preferred, and if I could share his contact info with others that were interested and haven't heard back. Once I do, I'll share the info, or anyone can email as Tim and I did via an auction. Just provide him your direct email address. :) Sounds like we're heading in the right direction!