Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Online simplicity belts

davidmoll

I am new to this club. I travel a lot and don't have my 6216 manuals with me. I am looking for a new 42 inch mowing deck belt (I believe the part no. is 1668066 and a new 36 inch snowthrower belt (I believe part no. 1665638). Can someone help verify these part number and also let me know if I can order true simplicity replacement belts online with mail delivery so these belts are waiting for me when I return home in November? Thanks Moleman

Don't have books in front of me to verify numbers, but if you have a Simplicity dealer near you I would think a phone call would be enough for them to order them and have them there for you when you get back. You can also order parts from Jacks small engines, not sure if he sells Simplicity belts or an off brand tho. Steve

Thanks This is where I got the belt info in my e-mail. My dealer is great but very old and hard to talk to on the phone. Usually I see him in person and we chat for hours. I was hoping to avoid waiting for them to be ordered and come in when I get home. Moleman
quote:
Originally posted by wilm169
If you can get here this is the book for your belts; http://simpletractors.com/parts/belts/belts_pg7.htm

Just ordered belts online from Jack's Thanks again. I am also looking for a trubo exhaust (it attaches right to the mower exhaust with the bags hanging off the back of the tractor) and new bags for my bagging unit. Any guidance on where to find these on this site. I love this tractor. Bought it used in 1997 and it has taken care of me well avoiding $600-1000 plow bills for my 500ft driveway. Thanks Moleman

• 8 months later...
replying to davidmoll, I use a standard A120 belt as a substitute for the 1668066. I used to buy the Simplicity 1668066 from a dealer who told me that mower belts are specially made to handle the tugging load. However when he quit supplying the 1668066 I had to find a substitute. I found that the standard A120 lasts as good if not better than the Simplicity part, and at a much lower price. I was getting mine at a local industrial belt and bearing supplier, but the last one I got was on ebay a couple of years ago. I would like to know what standard belts to substitute for the drive belts on the 6216 tractor -- the 1669937 and 1669394. I've been told that these belts are 54 and 50 inches long which would be equivalent to B51 and B47 belts respectively. Can anyone confirm the lengths of these belts for me? Thanks.

quote:
Can someone help verify these part number and also let me know if I can order true simplicity replacement belts online with mail delivery so these belts are waiting for me when I return home in November?
November? You really do travel. The Apollo moon guys were back in about 10 days as I recall!

Open the hood and there is a decal with the correct part numbers for the belts on the underside. It will not tell you the length. There are dealers in the links on this site that will ship parts.